Monday, July 13, 2015

Crazy Bitchbun...

I hate the summer. My pale complexion makes it dangerous to go outside, which is something I don't exactly look forward to or enjoy much any other time of year. I like my job, but not necessarily the general public that it requires me to deal with. I know that's something I've gotta get over going forward, but I've got time. (Or I could open Antarctica's first nail salon!) Put asshole people in hot, humid weather and you come out with assholier people with a remainder of one insane me! Math is fun!

The good thing is that it's a slower time of year, so there aren't as many assholes as there could be. Or are there? It's not just customers I deal with. Delivery people are sometimes worse than the customers because they have their precious schedules to keep. Funny, because my shit never arrives on time... Also, Janice has decided to put a big TV in the little waiting area, but she's nowhere to be found today.

So here we go...

It's a little before 10:30 and the people delivering the TV arrived on time but they didn't have the right mount/bracket thing and the cable company was due to arrive shortly. Rather than go get the right thing, this guy and his partner decide they can make it work with what they have. To their credit, they did and it saved me the aggravation of having to rearrange everything. Thing is, the cable dude was EARLY (I know, I almost died) and he doesn't wanna wait around forever.

That these three idiots couldn't coordinate this was mind-boggling. The cable guy had to run wires and do drilling and whatever anyway, just DO IT! They start bickering over it and guess who has to play peacemaker? *Nod* Then I get these dumbasses settled and Fed-Ex shows up with an oversized order of office supplies and the guy is running late, according to him. I said "Behave yourselves!" to the three stooges and helped this idiot do his job by bringing in the boxes.

I'm hot, I'm sweaty, and starving by the time this whole ordeal is over. The stuff Fed-Ex brought can get put away tomorrow. But then the phone starts ringing and there's someone needing to reschedule. She's a total bitchbag because she's got a bunch of kids in the background. She keeps yelling at the kids, but into the phone! Her appointment isn't for 3 days, you don't have to give that much notice... I got tired of it and told her (nicely) to call back later when things were less crazy. She calls back yelling AT ME because I hung up on her. I...owe Janice a phone...and a chunk of wall...and a customer...


You don't think she'd hit (or fire) a girl with glasses do you? :p 

Honestly, I don't think she'll think twice about it. The two others working today have been keeping their distance, though. Good. 

Happy FUCKING MONDAY!!!!

XOXO

\/
(·_·)




3 comments:

  1. First, I just wanna reassure you that Janice isn't gonna be mad. Second, if she gets mad, just point her to this documentation of the shitstorm she left you with. Third, the person wearing the football helmet, garbage can armor, and covered in pillows duct taped to their exposed bodyparts when you get home will be me... Love you! *Gets punted down the street* :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, Lacebun. I've been fighting with people for the last few weeks about who gets what space in the lab, and now it's the realization that I am going to have to do the massive liquid nitrogen freezer consolidation and reorganization myself. Thousands of samples. And enter them all into the shitty database myself. I don't trust anyone else to do it. And neither does my boss. Sooooo yay. It's me. On top of my usual projects, adding PCR (polymerase chain reaction assays) to it, and just....ugh. So, yeah. HAPPY FUCKING MONDAY all around! *clashes swords decorated with bunnies*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reibun was right, Janice wasn't mad. She thought it was kinda funny. lol. And I DIDN'T punt her down the street! :p

    That sounds like hell, Adrabun! :( But hey, it's better to do it yourself than to have someone else do it wrong, fuck everything up, then have to do it yourself AND fix their fuck ups in the process, right? I know, it still sucks... lol. Sometimes crime sounds sooo good. Jail, however, not so much...

    Love you both! XOXO ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete